Last Row Music is an online resource for brass musicians. The primary focus and draw to LRM has been the consistent updates and results for brass audition postings. Recently,it has started to gain traction as hub of other information relevant to all brass players.
If you have an article that would be of interest to brass musicians, we would love to have you write for us. Topic suggestions could be:
Historical Performance Practice
Interviews with Brass Players
Opinion Related to the Brass World
How to ____
____ versus ____
____ Ways to ____
… and other topics!
Here are some guidelines:
- Articles can be between 500-2000 words, and may include musical examples, photos, and videos.
- Articles can be submitted to me in DOC or PDF format. Please include html if necessary.
- Article is allowed to have a link back to your personal site.
- Article is allowed to be published only on Last Row Music. You are allowed to have a summary on your personal site or another site, but it must link to the entire article posted on LRM.
- Write in a conversational, blog-like style of writing. Here is a recent published article to give you an idea.
- LRM is allowed to change formatting and grammatical errors to fit the posting parameters.
- LRM is given the right to deny an article if it does not fit the relevance to this website.
If you are unsure about a certain topic, run it by me first before you start writing. Remember, a submitted article does not necessarily mean it will be published.
Have fun with this, and I look forward to seeing your submission.
– Jeremy E. Smith
Founder and Editor, Last Row Music